KITO Van Leusden is delighted to have been working with BP, one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, supporting them with their oil production project in the U.S. last year 2021. Today, we would like to share with you our success story.
About the Project
Located in the Gulf of Mexico, the project namely Mad Dog Phase 2 includes a new floating production platform with the capacity to produce up to 140,000 gross barrels of crude oil per day from up to 14 production wells. Oil production begins in the year 2022.
The Challenge & Solution
The offshore market has specific requirements where the off-the-shelf products are non-compliance and that’s exactly why customers need the expertise of KITO Van Leusden for:
• Corrosion-protected hoisting equipment
– Additional paint system acc. ISO12944 C5M
– Stainless steel load & hand chain
– Stainless steel load chain container• Explosion protection / Non-sparking (ATEX)
• Tight curved track (monorail)
• Lifting lugs for easy installation
• Parking device
– General arrangement drawings
– Material traceability/material certificates
– 3rd party factory witnessed load test
– NDT reports
– ITP & FAT reports
Provide a Full Solution
KITO Van Leusden is well known for supplying manual and electric hoisting equipment to the offshore market. The client found KITO Van Leusden through Delta Rigging & Tools, one of our distributors in the U.S. After discussions and site visits, KITO Van Leusden then supplied a package of manual products for the project which contains:
- Corrosion & explosion-protected manual trolleys and hoists
- Low headroom and trolleys suitable for tight curve tracks
- All products were provided with an additional offshore painting, stainless steel load chain, solid bronze wheels, and some extra features, including the above-listed specific requirements.
More than 80 units of explosion-proof chain hoists and trolleys have been custom-made and delivered. The products are effectively deployed in the oil production platform for regular facility maintenance and transportation of loads, including large gas cylinders.
“The quality of workmanship here on the VAN LEUSDEN enhancements to the KITO/ Harrington product is exceptional. While I had seen photos of the BP products from Maarten (Van Leusden) already seeing the quality up close and tangible one can not help up be impressed.”
– Director of Delta Rigging Houston
Harrington – A KITO Group Company in the U.S.
- Improved performance of load transportation
- Increased safety for the operators
- Easy and maintenance-free operation
- Long service life and reliability
Other Projects in APAC
Get in touch with us today
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]