The KITO ER2 electric chain hoists are designed for peak performance — even on the toughest jobs in the toughest conditions. Quiet operation and minimal vibration, lower workplace noise pollution, help reduce worker fatigue and extend the life of the hoist.
To ensure safety, KITO utilises a double safety mechanism consisting of an originally developed friction clutch and an upper-lower limit switch. Uniquely-designed push button control on the basis of ergonomics, enhanced durability of load chain, improved ease of maintenance, as well as support for the environment, achieve higher safety and working efficiency.
Features & Benefits
- Compact Body – Lightweight – The compact aluminum die-cast body features exceptional rigidity and effective protection against dust and water.
- Smooth and Ergonomic Operation
- The dual-speed inverter with adjustable speed and soft start/stop provides ultimate lifting and lowering accuracy.
- Push button pendant designed with ergonomic controls and an emergency stop button.
- Equipped with a unique load sheave with 5 pockets as standard and 6 pockets for smaller body hoists. The increased number of pockets reduces chain vibration and increases chain life.
- Reliable Safety
- The ER2 is equipped with a long-life friction clutch as a standard in the transmission between the hoist’s motor and load sheave. This protects the hoist’s motor and body from damage.
- The upper-lower limit switch features enhanced durability and a low-profile design for improved hoist headroom.
- Equipped with a DC electromagnetic brake. The brake is equipped with an electric fail-safe design.
- Enhanced Durability
- Equipped with thermal overload protection and cooling fins on all four sides of the motor housing, the ER2’s totally enclosed fan-cooled motor (TEFC) efficiently dissipates heat, allowing for industry-leading duty ratings.
- The ER2 uses KITO’s world-class, super-strength chain. Its shorter and narrower link profile allows for greater surface area contact, giving it better wear resistance and overall tensile strength.
- Ease of Maintenance
- Equipped with standard Counter Hour (CH) meter to monitor starts/stops and total hoist time. This enables users to perform maintenance accordingly, thus optimizing the hoist’s life and improving workplace safety.
- The hoist can easily be changed from a hook to a lug-mount configuration with external suspension pins on most models.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Built smarter without hazardous substances. Environmentally friendly and RoHS-compliant.
- Energy saving due to the reduction in rated current draw compared to the previous ER.
- Low noise during operation and braking due to the 4-pole motor as well as the electromagnetic brake.
Advantages of Product
- This model can be used in all industries mentioned above at maintenance areas or production/assembly lines of plants as the overall weight of the hoist is comparatively lesser due to the light, aluminum die-cast body.
- Since both single-speed and dual-speed hoists are available in this model, they can be used for installation, commissioning & maintenance of equipment where precise alignment is required.
- As ER2 series hoists can be equipped with dual brakes (secondary brake as an option) up to 5T capacity hoists, it would be safer while lifting material or expensive equipment to higher elevations. The secondary brake would not allow load/equipment to fall due to excess load or additional load added onto the hoist while lifting.